this is not a meme

Friday, August 25, 2006

because i'm in the mood for procrastinating reminiscing. neh, that 20yrs ago, 10 yrs ago, 5 yrs ago, etc etc.

20 years ago, i was only what, 5 months old. truth be told, i wasnt a very cute baby *cough* not until i had more hair and started teething (my toothy grin very cute wan, ok). i was born with nice ears wan, but my aunt-cum-babysitter simply put me in the sarong thingy where i got my ears squashed outwards. hence my hobbit/elfish/orc ears now.

(digression: eh, i dont feel like doing it 20yrs 15yrs 10yrs 5 yrs. so restrictive =P )

when i was two i stuck my fingers in my birthday cake.

when i was three and four, mom and dad would take turns bringing me to their workplace cos no one at home to jaga me. mom worked in telekom where there were rows of computers and a lot of women. dad worked in angkasapuri where there were rows of big machines and a lot of men. sometimes i played in the newsroom when it was empty, where i'll sit in the newsreader's chair. there is a fishpond in angkasapuri.

when i was five, i entered kindergarten. it's damn tiny but it was my world then. the very first day of kindy we were all given nametags. they were shaped like little umbrellas. my favourite place was on top of the slide where i would just perch there and refuse to slide down til the other kids bugged me. i was very good friends with this boy (who still lives nearby my old pj house, i think). he liked me, i liked him, and we played together. we were so alike then, but so different now.

when i was six, i kena rotan once in kindy because i couldnt remember the anatomy of a fish. there was this hugeass drawing of a fish and the teacher would point with her rotan at the different parts. if u were lucky the teacher pointed at the fish's tail and all u had to say was "wei ba". everyone wanted "wei ba". i think i got the fin. and until now i dunno how to say it in mandarin HAHAHAHAHA *cough*

when i was seven, my form teacher was hong lao shi. i had a classmate who had 6 fingers on one hand which i now think is uber cool. my best friend then was called lydia. anyone knows where she is now? haha.

when i was eight we learned our timetables and we mainly played pepsi-cola, abc, ice and water, tiao sheng. or whatever those games were called.

when i was nine, i fell off my bike and my face got scratched.

when i was ten, i changed from a good, obedient student to a lazy, forgetful one. i'd be in front of the class practically everyday either because i didn't do my homework or forgot to bring it, or both. i was more interested in reading enid blyton books under my desk hehe. my results dropped so drastically that daddy was so shocked on report card day, he bellowed at me in front of the whole class. and i think dad started to hate enid blyton for quite a while after that. hehe.

when i was eleven i started reading manga! XD my first manga was *deng deng deng* SAILORMOON. ok shut up already. it's actually quite decent leh. oh and also inuyasha or 犬夜叉. i can't believe it's still running. is it? like neverending.

when i was twelve i had my hair chopped off to a boycut, which was obviously not a good idea. i had my first crush hahaha. i liked this classmate cos, erm... i also dunno why haha. just for the sake of having a crush i guess. and the best thing was he was already declaring his love for this other totally cute classmate. oh and he lives behind my old pj house. heh.

when i was thirteen i read my sister's diary. she found out by reading MY diary. it was the biggest fight we had, but oddly, i'm smiling as i think of it.

----------------------------

ok la lazy to blog edi. now back to work. shit i'm so behind.

5 tortoises in a row!:

Anonymous said...

hahahhaha..
why all ur childhood crushes all stay near u one..hahha.....SO ODD.

sailormoon was decent..for a while. u still got that stupid black rose thing. besides, anime sounds better in jap or cantonese. in bm it's just...

i overheard a conversation in my uni the other day about japanese anime..

one guy watching anime...
character in anime has those 'hiao' highstrung voice...
his classmate said..
"that sounded like a kid getting rape."
that one guy said...
"that's cool okay?"
...
u should have been there to listen..u'll prob end up either laughing ur head off or gone speechless. just didnt sound right.

the only fella's name i vaguely remember in an anime is hotohori from what-was-that-show fame. and i didnt even like him.

why u write in ur diary that u read ur sister's diary. so odd.

sherry said...

reb: hahahaha. erm, what ALL my childhood crushes?? eh the kindy one is not crush la.

and hotohori is from my most absolutely favourite anime/manga! how can u not like him! nvm, dont like him better like tamahome, or nuriko, or tasuki, or amiboshi, or tatara, or even nakago... XD XD XD

Anonymous said...

oh, so his name was tamahome.

u liked ur classmate waht.

Anonymous said...

enid blyton rox! still reading it :)
my parents hate her too

sherry said...

reb: haha, it's only ONE fella la, wat ALL my childhood crushes. and yesh, tamahome. he's damn hot! XD

xin: haha, why ur parents hate her? and gosh, i havent read enid blyton for ages... eh lend me ur books la! :P