did u know?

Saturday, September 02, 2006

i'm known as a BANANA in uni.

like, seriously.

wtf, right? but for some reason quite a few people didnt know i speak mandarin, much less CAME FROM A CHINESE SCHOOL.

some time ago i was in my friend's room together with her room mate and my other group members. so there i was, typing away at my friend's laptop while happily singing along to jay chou's fa ru xue.

(btw the lyrics to the song is damn hard ok)

suddenly her room mate sat up and exclaimed "you can sing fa ru xue?!?!"

O_o"

i can speak mandarin!

i can read mandarin!

and i can bloody well WRITE in mandarin too!

sigh, so surprised for what.

but leh, the main reason they call me BANANA is cos i cant speak cantonese.

and i'm from kl.

"u're from kl and u cant speak cantonese?!"

yeah yeah, i've heard it dunno how many times since i entered uni. my ipoh room mate joked that she was going back to tell all her ipoh friends that "kl people all cannot speak cantonese wan".

wah liao. damn evil. sorry la hor, now i've made all kl people bananas in ipoh people's eyes.

so now i won't be the only banana from kl YAY.

*cough*

7 tortoises in a row!:

Felicia said...

huh? hey I never knew KL ppl were known to be able to speak Cantonese haha.. And I guess they think you can't understand Mandarin because of the way you look. I don't know, Chinese speaking ppl are stereotyped la put it this way. Most ppl think they have a certain look. Not true for everyone but yeah...

Heck ppl keep speaking to me in Chinese and I just realised how evil I was that day telling everyone bluntly "speak english! I can't speak Chinese".. Omg I must've sounded like a freaking stuck up BANANA!!!! *dies*

I need a break. Desperately. I'm screwing up college so badly and overall just my life and it's not even because of work. Everything is just... Bad somehow. *loss for words*

P.S. Because I'm lazy to email yet (drained for the day) Kangta was uber sweet and Vanness was kinda arrogant. At least he was nice enough to me haih... Also, it feels weird to be so...known so fast.

Hope you had a great day!! *hugs* Remind me to thank Xue too...><

sherry said...

feli: haha, the lingua franca for kl ppl is cantonese!!! even non-chinese can prattle off in cantonese more fluently than i can!!! aiyo damn shy wey. and what look? i dont look chinese meh??? look at my yellow skin! my slitty eyes! my flat features! not chinese enough meh? hahaha.

and u better take a loooooong break aftet finals. seriously. u're making us all worry over u. ='(

Anonymous said...

i wanted to be REALLY evil, then i decided to be more an angel. so i shan't say what my evil side wants to say.

oh well, i cant speak too..but im not KLian..I'm PJian..haha..born,raised a PJian. but yeah, we should polish our cantonese soon...but at least i can speak a bit..though come out more like a chinese dough instead..next thing i will be speaking in hokkien.

sherry said...

reb: what evil thing u wanted to say, eh? dont forget YOU cant speak cantonese either MUAHAHAHA.

rebekah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rebekah said...

at least i can speak it better than u.
bsides,that's not the thing i wanted to say.

sherry said...

reb: hehe, u sure u speak it better than me? =P so wat did u want to say?