finally

Friday, March 17, 2006

still - hillsong...?


yes, finally i can go online. after suffering for what seems like millenia.

ok ok so it was only 3 nights but still! was freaking out cos me need to apply for local uni wey. i must be the only one right now who hasnt done so. -__-

and all my pent up nervousness and frustration pre-stpm results day had to be vented into my diary cos i didnt have access to my beloved blog.

and yeah, so by now most of u would already know my results. 2A- 1B+ 1B-.

(yes ngee chong and joel, ever thought of asking me in person? =P)

wasnt really nervous on that day or even when opening my results (cos i was actually too busy struggling to open the damn results slip WHY THE HELL MUST THEY SEAL IT UP THAT BLOODY WAY?! ok i'm stupid. i know.)

but i did totally freak out the night before. suddenly it just hit me that i'd be getting my results the next morn. i was so nervous i couldnt concentrate on working. wanted to call jialin to wail but silly girl watching tv and didnt pick up the phone. so i called li qin and we wailed together.

i was a nervous wreck that night, really. not just jittery but seriously freaked out. even li qin could hear it through the phone.

and shih ween (colleague friend also waiting for stpm results) didnt help. he was all freaked out days before but that night he happy-happy saja cos he decided that hey, he wont go to school for his results at all.

YEESH. guys. insensitive bunch. =P

well he did give me a tiny piece of chocolate but i suspect it wasnt so much to console me but more of his impression of me as a glutton. -_-"

anyway, i've come to terms with my results. both me and li qin feel the same way bout our results (though the smartass did better than me, heh). i mean, our results were better than what we expected... but looking around, so many people got 3,4,5 A's. we felt that we could have, and should have done better, if only we had pushed ourselves just a bit harder.

it's my own bloody fault i didnt work harder.

i called my mum right after getting my results and she sounded happy when she heard what i got. i was suddenly overcome with emotions... cos, i dont know. two years, yo. and it all boils down to the piece of paper in my hands. i kept asking mum if she was disappointed but she was so understanding. my voice was cracking and she could hear it. she kept saying consoling words and i really started to cry.

then she said - "well, dad and i weren't expecting you to get any A's anyway...".

.......................................

WTH WEY!!!!!

i stopped crying instantly. fuiyoh.

ok ok i think it's high time i looked into my uni application. oh help.

[edit]: oh oh oh! forgot to mention! li qin and ooi jin are finally talking! they hadnt been talking for MONTHS even way before we took our stpm just bcos of some silly little thing which none of us remember! *BAWLS* it's so so so touching wey! *bawls again*

haha. =')

8 tortoises in a row!:

Anonymous said...

that's good results! really... congrats! after all those suffereings for 2 yrs! finally it paid off right? good on ya mate! no aussies can undergo that kinda pressure! yay!

*pats tortoise's back*

Felicia said...

oooh good la li qin and OJ talking.... heheh must see li qin soon...

eh and what's with the yo?

sherry said...

er!c: haha thx. =)

pesky: heh. how i know, i just blog whatever so if the word yo comes up then it's there lor.

Anonymous said...

congratz =]

rebekah said...

goodness...they have been on this for long. and i still dont know what in the world why it happened.

rebekah said...

goodness...they have been on this for long. and i still dont know what in the world why it happened.

sherry said...

tongok: haha liddat also congratulate?

reb: YES oj and li qin were in that stupid silent war for dunno HOW long and NO one freaking reMEMbers why and how it started... YEESH! haha.

Anonymous said...

Wahh 2A 2B not happy meh? STPM worr, u NOT only passed all of 'em, u even got urself a couple of As and Bs. =]