it's bachelor of science in human development, dah-ling

Saturday, January 20, 2007

now, there have been many times when i get a lot of crap from people regarding my course. most have never heard of it before, and only when i relate it to psychology that they have an idea of what i'm learning. now that's really alright la, if they're not aware of it. yet even then, most do not think highly of psychology anyway, nevermind my course. too woolly and baseless for them, i suppose, compared to solid stuff like medicine or engineering or law.

there are some too, who didn't know this course was in my list of choices, up to the point that i actually just sardonically enjoy watching them squirm awkwardly after i inform them that i chose this "useless course". then there are the more patronising ones that find it fit to relentlessly instill in me that there are no job prospects for my course. my own parents don't give me that sort of shit advice. what job am i gonna get ah? POLE-DANCING la wtf.

(what? i'm sexy ok.)

of course, there are times when i do explain what i learn and how it comes into use (well, sort of la). doesn't matter whether or not you agree with me, but i do appreciate it when one actually listens to me before deciding if what i learn is pointless.

and i'm not saying that i think the world of my course. for those who sneer at it, i totally get what they think. because at some point before and during my course, i have thought those thoughts. yes. me myself. though obviously in a different tone, in which mine is more towards doubtful.

i have my reasons la k. it's not so much about the course but more of the uni's take on it. i mean, some of the exam questions (judging from last sem) are laughable. and i'm talking bout my course's core subjects, not of others like kenegaraan cos i didnt study enough for it it was freaking tough and it stole my A away from me.

and there are times when i actually miss biology and even chemistry wth. not maths though. screw maths la. anyway, the point is, i sometimes find myself half-wishing that i did, say, microbiology (miniscule things are cute ok). but then again, i know that i won't be able to do that for what, the rest of my life.

but u know, i come out of upsr pmr spm stpm and it doesnt seem like i've learned much. here, soft skills come in first and there are times when i find my course difficult, in it's own way. it's still a bit too soon to see what it will make of me, and what i will make of it.

but who says i won't make the best of it.

6 tortoises in a row!:

Felicia said...

Yalah! Who's to say you won't make the best of it! So just do what your instincts tell you, or just think over and over and over and over and over until you get bored of talking to yourself (in your head of course) then you can settle down to sleep happily. Or at least calmly.

That's what I do anyway ahahah. Anyway.. I believe it's not so much the course but what you make of it in the end la. Some dumbass can excel in meds and still come out with a stick up their butts right? :P

Unknown said...

just IGNORE those silly n baseless comments lah...like they know anything ur studying...just do ur best and make the best out of it who knows u might end up being the one earning big bucks....

rebekah said...

aw. i do pity u.

people wonder too what am i studying...

though they get my passion for it, they often ask, "oh, mass comm issit?"

after a while, i give up trying to make them see the difference. after a while, i give up trying to make myself see the difference.

so if anyone should ask me about media informatics, i shall say,"it's like mass comm but not like it."

Felicia said...

*snort* jia lin and her big bucks HAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Attagirl! Life's like that, make the best out of everything! You can make anything work for you if you want it to!

sherry said...

flea: u want me to think it over and over and over?! hahaha omg, cannot la wey! i'll go crazy ok. T_T and yes, jia lin and her big bucks... HAHAHA XD

carlyn: thx dear, i'll know how to take those comments, dont worry =)

reb: hahaha, if that's how u explain media informatics, then u'll have even more explaining to do wey. =P but i sorta kinda get what u're doing

cpy: whoa! haha, gung ho betul! hey dear, biler mau meet up?