daddy dearest

Thursday, June 01, 2006

was woken from sleep early this morning at one in the afternoon when dad called my handphone.

me: hello?

*silence*

me: hello hello?

*silence*

yep, it was dad alright (for some reason he'll only answer after like, the 10th "hello" everytime he calls you).

me: daddy ah...?

dad: SHERRY!

me: yes dad.

dad: SHERRY!

me: ...... yes!!!

dad: HOW old are YOU ah?!

me: ?!?!?! i'm TWENTY!!!! O_o

dad: HAH?! YOU'RE TWENTY-ONE!

me: dad, i'm TWENTY!

dad: aiyah now have to pay 400 bucks! u said u're twenty-one?!

me: i... what?! NO i'm TWENTY la daddy!

dad: u're not twenty-one ah???

me: I. AM. TWEN. TY.

dad: aiya ok la ok la i thought u're twenty-one already! now have to pay the fella...

me: why? if i'm below twenty-one insurance won't cover my car damages?

dad: *totally ignores my question* so what year???

me: dad, TWENTY!

dad: no no what year were u born!

me: oh. 1986.

dad: what date!

me: 19th of march.

dad: *pauses for a while* OHHHHHHHH! you're only twenty this year!

me: ......

dad: ok you not yet twenty-one...... let me talk to the fella see how.

me: ok.



......

like wth, dad was so adamant that i was 21... -_-"

but yeah, he has more important stuff on his mind, like settling the car insurance and all for me though technically it's my job but he still sees me as this little girl who can't handle these things then why on earth does he think i'm twenty-one?

hahahaha. he's the best daddy ever. =)

7 tortoises in a row!:

Anonymous said...

hahaha

Anonymous said...

thank God my dad still remembers my age....at least he didnt ask u if u were 17 or something.

Felicia said...

ciu my dad asks me all the time. then my sister lied, and for awhile he tot my b'day was sister's...blah!!

Anonymous said...

WAHLAU
for once someone thought you're older than your real age instead of younger!
wahahhaha!
this indeed calls for a celebration.

finnegans!

sherry said...

reb: hahahaha aiyo i finish f6 edi, if my dad still thinks i'm 17... O_o

felixiah: er, that's your dad la.

muahahaha: tsk, everyday finnegans this finnegans that. hahaha. btw u havent tried b4? ok la we go one day. :D

Anonymous said...

My mummy and daddy don't remember my birthday also!!! My mum thought I was 16 when I was 18. I was like "Do 16 year olds go to college???" So paiseh... But daddy purposely forget my birthday wan. So dont have to get present. >.<

sherry said...

bonnie: hahahahaha... parents! well at least ur mum thought u were younger XD